Sunday, June 3, 2012

Are less majeste cases important enough

First of all, sorry for the lack of posts, despite the huge amount of law-related news from the Philippines and other parts of SEA. I was in Myanmar last month, and between a slow internet connection and being busy with meetings, I didn't have much time to post. However, I did obtain a copy of the Constitutional Tribunal's 2011 decisions and learned a few interesting things about the court.

Until I have time to write about that trip, here is a very in-depth article about the Thai Constitutional Court's recent decision on a lesse majeste case. Elizabeth Fitzgerald tries to understand the court's reasoning for dismissing the petitioner's challenge against the constitutionality of the lesse majeste laws. Unfortunately, the court's reasoning is still somewhat unclear after having read the article, but I guess that is Ms. Fitzgerald's point.

No comments:

Post a Comment